Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class wpdb in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/cache.php on line 35

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Object_Cache in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/cache.php on line 400

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::start_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 534

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::end_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 534

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 534

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Page::end_el() should be compatible with Walker::end_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 534

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_PageDropdown::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 553

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::start_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 649

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::end_lvl() should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 649

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 649

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_Category::end_el() should be compatible with Walker::end_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 649

Strict Standards: Declaration of Walker_CategoryDropdown::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/classes.php on line 674

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/query.php on line 15

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/theme.php on line 505
MauriceK, caught between dev and drums » Redundancy, oh why?

May 23, 2006

Redundancy, oh why?

Category: K-1 — kaldor @ 3:07 am

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w006f36b/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 76

Having two blogs about the same project may seem senseless, but nevertheless currently there’s no way around. So here’s the latest K-1 progress:

Hm… lots and lots of code, but still not done with the current part of the project. I’ve been working hard on the saving/rendering engine. It is based on some neat elements. In the beginning I thought I might use the media_writer.media_addon from Haiku, but very soon issues with this one were coming along. It is simply not usable. Because of this and some personal reasons I decided to implement a K1 media_writer.media_addon. This one is derived from BBufferConsumer, BContollable as well as from BFileInterface and fits for everything needed at K1. Later the code for this add-on may get opensourced on request as it is totally outside of the code of K1. During startup K1 checks, wether the addon has been loaded by the media_addon_server. If not, saving is not possible, but you can work nevertheless and save your work in your project files, as soon as this is implemented.
Talking about the saving algorithm itself, I had a discussion with a friend about a feature, which came up accidently. If you select a certain area of the track, you are able just to export this one. So cutting and saving in a fast manner is doable very very easy now.
Issues which are still left depend on certain media_formats. Unfortunately some files get saved with the wrong bitrate. As soon as this is fixed, saving should be implemented more or less and it’s time for the beta-testers to run some media files on K1.
During all the time testing, I realized that the file-loading algorithm is much too slow. Currently it is decoding the whole file and afterwards creates the preview. This can be done in one step for most cases. Sometimes a Codec returns a wrong Duration() as the file gets still parsed while I want to have this information. That’s the reason, why for instance MediaConverter is sometimes not converting a whole file. Checking wether the information is correct can be done during decoding and only if the duration changes a complete re-run over the Cache makes sense. But this is to be scheduled after the rendering…

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. | TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

XHTML ( You can use these tags):
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong> .